If you require medical attention outside of the normal surgery hours, please call 111, who will assess your symptoms and direct you to the most appropriate service. This is a free telephone number. Please note that should you call the surgery telephone number out of hours and opt to be put through to 111, this will incur usual call charges.
Over the coming months we will be developing our website to provide you with more information on the services we provide and also links to help promote self care.
Important Changes to Telephone Line Opening Hours
From Monday 18th April 2016 the main phone line will be closed for routine calls between 1pm – 2pm. During this time a member of staff will be available to answer urgent phone calls. Patients ringing with an urgent problem or request during this time should ring the usual telephone number 0191 519 0077 and will be asked to hold the line to speak to a member of staff if their query is urgent.
From Monday 2nd May 2016 the Prescription line will be open between 2pm – 5pm. Alternative methods for ordering prescriptions include completing a prescription order form at the desk and posting this in the red box or registering for Patient Access. Patient Access allows patients to order prescriptions, book/cancel appointments and view parts of their medical record securely online.
- Our Practice is highly patient focused and we have a multidisciplinary approach to patients’ health care. We aim to deliver the best for our patients by combining the skills of the practice team with other health and social care workers in the community.
- We provide modern health care facilities and focus on continually improving the health of our patients and residents of the community.
- Colliery Court Medical Group are currently looking at how the practice can get better at communicating with our patients. We want to make sure patients can read and understand any information sent to them. If you find it hard to read our letters or if you need someone to support you at appointments, please let us know.
- We want to know if you need information in Braille, large print, on yellow paper or easy read. We want to know if you need a British Sign Language interpreter or advocate. We want to know if we can support you to lip read or use a hearing aid or communication tool.
- Please let the receptionist when you are next at the practice or contact us on 0191 5190077
This website is aimed at providing you the important information about our practice, our services and our staff in addition to some other useful information and tools available for you to use. Please have a look around and send us any comments or suggestions if you like. We can use your comments and ideas to improve our online services and develop the content of this site accordingly.
Please note all telephone calls to Colliery Court Medical Group may be recorded for training purposes.
Online Services – Book and cancel appointments, order repeat prescriptions and look at your GP records online.
Just like online banking you can look at your GP records on a computer, tablet or smart phone using a website or app. For more information please click the link below: