Fit Notes

If you have been off work for less than seven days your GP cannot provide one of these certificates.  In these cases patients must obtain a ‘SSP Employee’s Statement of Sickness Form’ (SC2) often referred to as a ‘Self Certification Form’.  These are available from employers or via the HMRC website on the following link:

Self Certification Form

Patients who have been off work due to sickness for more than seven days may require a ‘Statement of Fitness for Work Certificate’ from their GP.  These certificates replace the old sickness certificates and employers often require these to pay Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).

Comments are closed.